The Michigan Division of Agriculture and Rural Growth (MDARD) is advising shoppers to not eat any Kuntry Gardens produce or merchandise containing produce from Kuntry Gardens of Homer, MI, as a result of it might be contaminated with uncooked, untreated human waste.
All the implicated merchandise are anticipated to be labeled beneath the title Kuntry Gardens.
Throughout a routine produce security inspection, MDARD workers recognized that Kuntry Gardens was utilizing uncooked, untreated human waste on the fields the place produce was grown on the market to native grocery shops and direct sale. The usage of uncooked, untreated, human waste for rising commodities meant for human meals is a violation of state and federal legal guidelines and rules.
If not handled professionally, human waste and different physique fluids can unfold harmful infectious illnesses comparable to hepatitis A, Clostridium difficile, E. coli, rotavirus and norovirus.
The state well being division has positioned impacted product nonetheless on the farm beneath seizure and is working with the farm to supervise disposition and corrective motion.
Merchandise might have been additional distributed or bought at further areas, however is thought to have been bought on the following areas in Michigan:
• Kuntry Gardens, 29910 R Dr South, Homer
• Busch’s Contemporary Meals Market shops positioned in Ann Arbor, Brighton, Canton, Clinton, Dexter, Farmington Hills, Livonia, Novi, Pinckney, Plymouth-Northville, Rochester Hills, Saline, South Lyon, Tecumseh, and West Bloomfield
• Merely Contemporary Market, 7300 Grand River Rd, Brighton
• White Lotus, 7217 W Liberty Rd, Ann Arbor
• Argus Farm Cease, 325 W Liberty Road, Ann Arbor
• Agricole Farm Cease, 118 N Important Road, Chelsea
• Pure Pastures, 1192 Ann Arbor Rd, Plymouth
• Ypsi Coop, 312 North River Road, Ypsilanti
• Greener Pastures Market, 21202 Pontiac Path, South Lyon
• Vacation Market, 520 S Lilley Rd, Canton
• Cherry Capitol, Traverse Metropolis
As of the posting of this recall, no diseases have been reported.
Nevertheless, MDARD is urging any people experiencing signs comparable to nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, jaundice (yellowing of the pores and skin), fever, belly cramps, lack of urge for food, weak spot, headache, or different signs of foodborne sickness to hunt medical recommendation.
Customers are inspired to contact the farm or facility the place product was bought for instruction on disposal and refund.
(To enroll in a free subscription to Meals Security Information, click here.)
Discussion about this post