We did it, everybody! After an excruciating offseason filled with contract disputes, suspension predictions, and hand size measurements, the NFL lastly returns tonight with a top-notch recreation, Payments vs. Rams. This additionally marks my return to Unafraid Present after a brief hiatus. Generally, you want to recharge the batteries, and that’s precisely what I did. However I’m able to go, so buckle up and revel in my NFL season predictions and bets for Week 1.
2022 NFL Season Ideas
The Payments Are Superior, However Everybody Likes Them
I’ve identified my Tremendous Bowl decide since March. The Payments are going to win the Tremendous Bowl. Josh Allen is aware of he should do two issues: select heads and safe home-field benefit. Including Von Miller will assist bolster a unit that completed 11th in sacks last season. Gabe Davis and Isaiah McKenzie are prime candidates for breakout seasons. The one factor that scares me is the media’s infatuation with the Payments. Everybody likes the Payments, you say? What may go incorrect?
The AFC West Conundrum
On paper, the AFC West is the strongest division within the NFL. There’s a world the place all 4 groups make the playoffs. There’s additionally a world the place one staff makes the playoffs. It’s unlikely the latter situation occurs, but it surely’s potential if all 4 groups beat up one another all through the season. The Chiefs and Chargers are the standout groups behind MVP candidates Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert. The Raiders introduced in Josh McDaniels and Davante Adams whereas the Broncos opted for Nathaniel Hackett and Russell Wilson. Nevertheless, the participant that may resolve which of those two groups will make the playoffs is Derek Carr. If Carr clicks with McDaniels and Adams, the Raiders will return to the postseason. In the event that they wrestle, Mr. Limitless will journey Denver to the postseason.
New Groups To Make The Playoffs
By now, you’ve seen the stat the place 4 to 6 groups new groups will make the playoffs. As simple as it will be to incorporate all of the staff’s from the 2022 postseason and slot them within the 2023 postseason, that wouldn’t be good. A staff will seemingly go from worst to first* and vice versa. The powerful half is deciding who’s in and who’s out.
* It’s an expression. It won’t be “worst to first,” however will probably be “worst to the playoffs.” I excluded that phrasing as a result of it doesn’t roll off the tongue.
Who’s In: Vikings, Colts, Ravens, Chargers, Broncos
Who’s Out: Steelers, Cowboys, Titans, Patriots, Raiders
2022 NFL Season Predictions
AFC Championship: Payments over Chiefs
NFC Championship: 49ers over Packers
Tremendous Bowl: Payments over 49ers
2022 NFL Awards
- MVP – Justin Herbert
- Offensive Participant of the 12 months – Christian McCaffrey
- Defensive Participant of the 12 months – Nick Bosa
- Offensive Rookie of the 12 months – Dameon Pierce
- Defensive Rookie of the 12 months – Ahmad “Sauce” Gardner
- Comeback Participant of the 12 months – Christian McCaffrey
- Coach of the 12 months – Sean McDermott
Week 1 Bets
I figured I’d take this time to sprinkle in a few of my favourite bets for Week 1. Sadly, I’m hooked on teasers, which isn’t the precise path to pursue, but it surely makes me completely satisfied, so who cares. I’m not sponsored by a sportsbook so I’ll store round for the very best strains. I’ll be utilizing FanDuel for this text, however I’m not afraid to combine it up with DraftKings. My DMs are open if any sportsbook want to sponsor me.
*Strains from FanDuel as of 9/8
Ravens -6.5 vs. Jets
- The Ravens had the worst damage luck conceivable a season in the past. Lamar Jackson will not be enjoying below a brand new contract (please rent an agent), however when he’s wholesome, Jackson is without doubt one of the league’s greatest weapons. The Jets will probably be lacking Zach Wilson. That’s not saying a lot, however “Cool” Joe Flacco is a downgrade from Wilson. Final season, the Jets protection allowed the fourth most speeding yards per recreation with 138, and the Ravens rushed for the third most yards per recreation with 145. Don’t overthink this. Guess the Ravens.
49ers -6.5 vs. Bears
- Title one receiver on the Bears offense exterior Darnell Mooney. Additionally, the Bears have the worst-ranked offensive line heading into 2022 in keeping with Sharp Football Analysis. Justin Fields will probably be operating for his life on Sunday with no lifeline in sight. The 49ers offense will expertise rising pains below Trey Lance, however they need to win by at the least two touchdowns.
Underdog of the Week: Vikings +1.5 vs. Packers
- Skol! I’m a Kirk Cousins defender. During the last two seasons, Captain Kirk has thrown for over 8000 yards and 65 TDs. Now with Mike Zimmer out, the Vikings will throw much more. The Packers will in all probability win 13 video games once more, however Rodgers nonetheless wants time to determine who to belief at WR. I’m not anticipating one other 38-3 Week 1 loss, however the Packers will probably be rusty on offense, and the Vikings will mild up the scoreboard.
Teaser of the Week: 6 factors – Ravens -.5, 49ers -.5
- For the explanations outlined above.
Right here’s to an amazing 12 months of dropping cash and yelling at your TV!
What are your NFL predictions? Go away them within the feedback beneath or tweet at @danny_giro.